Thank you for your interest in being a Life Group Leader!
Life Groups are an integral part of what we do here as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in a relationship with Christ, and that this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Life Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and impact their community with the Gospel.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6). Life Group Leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth. Our leaders play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. There are three main components to this ministry that we expect our leaders to be living out, as well as encouraging members of their groups to as well. Connect, Grow and Impact!
Since our Life Group Leaders play such an important role, we take great care when enlisting them. Please read through the information below to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications, and expectations. If, after consideration, you are interested in pursuing Life Group leadership, please follow the instructions below to complete the group leader application. Once we receive your application, we will contact you for an interview.
Should you have questions regarding any of the following information, please call us at 818-831-9333 Ext 2111.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A LEADER
- Committing to shepherding and encouraging members in their spiritual growth and maturity
- Leading a group with a spirit of cooperation and forgiveness
- Willing to meet and work with the Leadership of Shepherd Church
- Be a member of Shepherd Church
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
EXPECTATIONS OF A LEADER
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
- Manage your group online and be involved in on-going training
- Attend a Men’s or Woman’s Encounter
Please Click here for the application and start the process
Ready to lead a group?
Click here to sign up to attend one of our trainings in the coming days!
Sunday, July 29th at 1:00pm
Thursday, August 2nd at 6:30pm
Thursday, August 9th at 6:30pm
* You only have to attend one training *