• What is a Life Group?
• What happens in a Life Group?
• Is there childcare?
• Are there groups that have married couples and singles together?
• When and where do groups meet?
• How often do Life Groups meet?
• How long does a Life Group Series last?
• How long does each group meeting last?
• What goes on at a group meeting?
• What do Life Groups study?
• How do I join a Life Group?
WHAT IS A LIFE GROUP?
A Life Group is a small group of 8-12 people who meet at a leader’s home to connect relationally and grow spiritually by participating in a discussion led Bible study. Each group meets once a week during a series (usually 6-8 weeks) for 1.5 to 2 hours per session. Every group member receives a study guide and each group leader receives a teaching DVD for the group. Our series are designed to follow Pastor Dudley’s sermon schedule so people in groups get to dive deeper into studying the same topic which was preached during the weekend services. The groups start by watching a 10-15 minute DVD teaching, followed by a discussion led Bible study. Each group usually ends with some fellowship time and prayer.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A LIFE GROUP?
Most of the groups gather together every week and go through a lesson that is based on the sermon from the previous weekend. The lesson includes a time to get to know each other, Bible study and application, worship and an evangelstic or service focus. Also, as a natural byproduct of all this, the people in the groups experience true community and are a snapshot of what the original Church in Acts looked like. Again, the goal of each group is to encourage and challenge each other to live the LIFE God has for each of us.
IS THERE CHILDCARE?
Each group is responsible for providing their own childcare. Depending on the age of the children, some groups include them in some part of the group time and then separate them in another room. Some other suggestions are parents chipping in together to hire a babysitter either at the place they meet or at a nearby home. Each group can decide how to handle this issue in the most appropriate way for their group.
ARE THERE GROUPS THAT HAVE MARRIED COUPLES AND SINGLES TOGETHER?
Yes! There are Life Groups that contain both singles and married couples together.
WHEN AND WHERE DO LIFE GROUPS MEET?
We have over 300 groups that meet on every day of the week and throughout the San Fernando, Simi and Santa Clarita Valley. We are confident there is a group for you. Please remember you may go online to choose a group that meets in your area at a convenient time for you.
HOW OFTEN DO LIFE GROUPS MEET?
Most groups meet weekly. Due to vacation schedules, most groups, do not meet during the summer.
HOW LONG DOES A LIFE GROUP SERIES LAST?
Life Groups commit to meet during the current sermon series. This includes one series in the fall and two series between January and May. In-between those series, the group members decide if they want to continue meeting together for additional summer months.
HOW LONG DOES EACH LIFE GROUP MEETING LAST?
Each Life Group picks the length of time they will meet, however most groups meet for an hour and a half to two hours.
WHAT GOES ON AT A LIFE GROUP MEETING?
Every time a group meets, they spend time connecting by building relationships, growing through a discussion led Bible study, and making an impact by supporting each other through prayer and service. And as a result, group members experience growth, belonging, and care. A life group is your chance to pursue healthy relationships and spiritual growth.
WHAT DO GROUPS STUDY?
Every group member receives a study guide and each group leader receives a teaching DVD for the group. Our series are designed to follow Pastor Dudley’s sermon schedule so people in groups get to dive deeper into studying the same topic which was preached during the weekend services. The groups start by watching a 10-15 minute DVD teaching, followed by a discussion led Bible study. Each group usually ends with some fellowship time and prayer.
HOW DO I JOIN A LIFE GROUP?
- Online at lifegroups.org. This is the first and easiest way. You will be able to enter your information and search for a group. Once you find a group that fits your schedule and location you may click “join this group.” The leader will be notified and the group leader will contact you shortly. If someone does not contact you within a week of signing up, please contact us.
- During the weekend services, you may sign up for a group at the Life Groups area in the lobby. Instructions on how to sign-up will be posted on the displays. Once you fill out a sign-up card with all your information, the group leader will contact you shortly. If someone does not contact you within a week of signing up, please contact us.
Contact Lori Lewis for more information:
818.831.9333 ext. 111 or email@example.com