Why Life Groups?
Are you ready to grow spiritually? Do you want to connect relationally with others? A Life Group is the perfect place for both. This is why we have Life Groups. In fact, at Shepherd Church, the two things we want of everyone to participate in are: to attend a worship service every weekend and be in a life group because, you can’t grow spiritually without connecting relationally.
Life Groups are designed to help you experience the life God has for you by helping you CONNECT with other believers, by helping you GROW to be more like Christ, and helping you make an IMPACT with the gospel.
Every time a group meets, they spend time connecting by building relationships, growing through a discussion led Bible study, and making an impact by supporting each other through prayer and service. And as a result, group members experience growth, belonging, and care. A Life Group is your chance to pursue healthy relationships and spiritual growth.
We have over 300 groups spread across San Fernando Valley, Simi Valley and Santa Clarita Valley that meet on various days throughout the week. We are confident there is a group for you.
What is a Life Group?
A Life Group is a small group of 8-12 people who meet at a leader’s home to connect relationally and grow spiritually by participating in a discussion led Bible study. Each group meets once a week during a series (usually 6-8 weeks) for 1.5 to 2 hours per session. Every group member receives a study guide and each group leader receives a teaching DVD for the group. Our series are designed to follow Pastor Dudley’s sermon schedule so people in groups get to dive deeper into studying the same topic which was preached during the weekend services. The groups start by watching a 10-15 minute DVD teaching, followed by a discussion led Bible study. Each group usually ends with some fellowship time and prayer.
When Do They Meet?
We have over 300 groups that meet on every day of the week and throughout the San Fernando, Simi and Santa Clarita Valley. We are confident there is a group for you. Please remember you may go online to choose a group that meets in your area at a convenient time for you.
What Does This Involve?
There are three components to every series...
- The Weekend Message: Our series are designed to follow Pastor Dudley’s sermon schedule so people in groups get to dive deeper into studying the same topic which was preached during the weekend services.
- The Weekly Meeting: Following each weekend, the groups start by watching a 10-15 minute DVD teaching, followed by a discussion led Bible study. Each group usually ends with some fellowship time and prayer.
- The Daily Walking: During the week, group members will live out their faith, implementing what they studied and learned through parts 1 and 2.
Join a group today because life is better when you’re connected!
How Do I Get In a Group?
There are two ways to sign up for a group:
- Online at lifegroups.org. This is the first and easiest way. Simply click the “Join A Life Group” tab. You will be able to enter your information and search for a group. Once you find a group that fits your schedule and location you may click “join this group.” The leader will be notified and the group leader will contact you shortly. If someone does not contact you within a week of signing up, please contact us.
- During the weekend services, you may sign up for a group in the north and south hallways as well as at the Life Groups area. Instructions on how to sign-up will be posted in the hallways. Once you fill out a sign-up card with all your information, the group leader will contact you shortly. If someone does not contact you within a week of signing up, please contact us.
Announcements and Bulletin: We will typically start announcing a new life group series 6 weeks before the series starts.
Sign-Ups: A few times a year we will do life group sign-up when people who are not already in a life group can join one. Sign-ups will typically begin 4 weeks before the start of a new series. There are two ways to sign up; online at lifegroups.org or in the north and south hallways during the weekend services.
| Contact info: 818.831.9333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Christian life is not meant to be lived out alone. One aspect of our life groups is to help people build deep and healthy Christian relationships. It is our goal that through your life group, you will connect with others to build long-lasting friendships which will be instrumental in living out your faith. God has created us to be relational; therefore, you can’t grow spiritually without connecting relationally.
Jesus does not just want converts rather He has called us to be disciples. Disciples are followers of Jesus who are growing and transforming into the image of Jesus. In other words, they are becoming more like Him. Life groups are designed to help you gain biblical insights and principles as well as to learn how to apply them to your life. The goal in learning is that it always end-up in transformation. As you grow in the knowledge of Jesus and subsequently put that knowledge into practice, you will become more like Jesus and therefore will start to live life like Him.
Disciples of Jesus have been given a great responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others by taking the gospel to the World. Jesus describes this task in Matthew 28:18-20 but also exemplifies it in the way He lived His life. Our goal is that as you connect and grow through your life group, you will start to make both a physical and spiritual impact in your community. Your faith in action will not only transform you, but the people around you.